Photo: Ralph Anderson
Looking for a perfect dessert for that 4th of July barbecue or party? Try this one! Yummy Berries with Tequila Cream!
- 8 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup tequila or mezcal*
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 8 cups assorted fresh berries (such as blueberries, strawberries, blackberries, or raspberries)
- Garnish: fresh mint sprigs
- Whisk together egg yolks and sugar in a 2-qt. heavy saucepan; whisk in tequila.
- Cook over medium-low heat, whisking constantly, 10 to 15 minutes or until mixture thickens and coats back of a spoon. (Do not boil.)
- Fill a large bowl with ice. Place saucepan in ice. Let custard stand, stirring occasionally, until chilled (about 30 minutes).
- Beat 1 cup heavy cream at high speed with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Fold whipped cream gently into chilled tequila mixture just until blended.
- Arrange assorted berries in 8 serving dishes, and top evenly with tequila cream. Garnish, if desired. Serve immediately.
- *1/2 cup orange juice may be substituted.
- Note: To make ahead, cover and chill whipped cream and tequila mixture up to 24 hours.