1.Accept that Life isn’t fair. You’ve probably heard this a hundred times by now, but the sooner you acknowledge it, the happier you’ll be in the long run.
2. Stop complaining. Those who complain the most accomplish the least. If you have a problem, take responsibility and do something about it. If it’s a problem you have no control over, let go of it. There’s no point suffering over a problem you cannot solve.
3. Master your emotions. Remember: You are in charge of your body and mind, not the other way around. Doctors, self-help books, and medication are there to help you if you have extreme issues controlling your emotions.
4. Learn a relaxation technique. Meditation, as well as yoga, self-hypnosis, and light exercise are great ways to ward off stress and keep your mind sharp.
5. Accept your heart’s desires. Many people ignore their hopes and dreams. Blocking out what you truly want will only lead to unhappiness and lack of fulfillment. Accept what you want, and do what it takes to get it.
6. If you have a goal, a dream job, etc., start working on it now. Not tomorrow, not in a week, not in a year,now. Stop procrastinating! The longer you put it off, the harder it will become to achieve, and the less time you’ll have to reap the fruits of your labor.
7. If you’re not satisfied with something, do something about it. If you want to lose weight, make goals to eat less and exercise more. If you’re unhappy in your relationship, talk to your partner. If you don’t enjoy your job, quit. Whatever you do, don’t complain and don’t make excuses.
8. Take responsibility for your actions. Never blame anyone or anything else for your blunders. Be responsible for your own actions, and others will appreciate and admire you for it.
9. Learn something new every day. The day you stop learning is the day you start growing old. Always be on the lookout for new learning opportunities.
10. Learn from your mistakes. Every mistake you make is a valuable learning experience. A failure is only a failure if you learned nothing from it.
11. Get rid of negative influences. Friends and family that bring you down are not worth being around. Let go of them, and instead surround yourself with people that motivate and inspire you.
12. Let go of the past. Drop your grudges, forget your revenge plots, and let go of your hatred of past enemies. Remember: You live in the present, so think like it.
You build on failure. You use it as a stepping stone. Close the door on the past. You don’t try to forget the mistakes, but you don’t dwell on it. You don’t let it have any of your energy, or any of your time, or any of your space.
13. Eliminate any and all self-limiting beliefs. Never say, “I can’t do this.” “I’ll never be good enough.” “I could never do that.” Even if the odds are stacked against you, self-limiting beliefs will only make it worse.
14. Never try to change people. People very rarely change, and the chances of you changing somebody are slim to none. Use the time you would spend changing someone, to improve yourself instead.
15. Don’t become part of a self-fulfilling prophecy. If you say, “I will never get the job”, you probably won’t. If you say, “My friends are going to abandon me”, they certainly will. Thinking negatively about your situations can do nothing but worsen them. Being positive can only help.
16. Aim for win-win situations. Never willingly sacrifice another person’s happiness for your own.
17. Cut loose every once in awhile. Having fun does not always mean being immature. And even then, it’s okay to be immature sometimes. Enjoy yourself!
18. Practice good hygiene, dress well and learn good posture. It’ll improve how you feel about yourself and how others feel about you.
19. Treat others as you expect to be treated, and you are more likely to be treated that way in return.
20. Respect other people, regardless of their political beliefs, religious beliefs or sexual preferences. Likewise, never push your own beliefs onto others.
21. Look forward to the future, but live in the now. Never say such things as, “I’ll be happy when I get promoted next year”, or “I’ll only be happy once my son is old enough to move out.” It’s okay to look forward and build up for the future, but never forget that you live in the present.
22. Be persistent with your goals. Talent and knowledge alone will never lead you to success. Persistence rewards talent, not the other way around. Persevere, and you will be rewarded.
23. Trust yourself. Learn to trust others. It is better and healthier to put trust in many than to doubt all.
24. Get rid of bad habits. Better yet, replace your bad habits with good habits. If you’re a heavy soda drinker, find a new drink that satisfies you, such as tea or juice. If you smoke, try vapors.
25. Get organized. Learn to plan ahead. Never procrastinate. Keep your house free of clutter, your mind clear, and your tasks simple, and your stress will take wing and fly away.
26. Use positive reinforcement. It might sound corny to stand in front of a mirror and say, “I am beautiful” or “I am a wonderful person”, but it works. And it will always work better than saying, “I’m ugly” or “I’m worthless”.
27. Force a smile every once in awhile. It’s impossible to smile and feel down at the same time.
28. Accept who you are. Accept your shortcomings, even if you have to live with them for the rest of your life. Likewise, be thankful for what you have.
The only thing that will make you happy is being happy with who you are, and not who people think you are. -Goldie Hawn
29. Stay busy. Don’t waste your time sitting around moping. There are an infinite number of things for you to do; do them!
30. Keep your mind open to new possibilities. Be ready to accept that you might be wrong about something you’ve always assumed was true. Reality is not always as it seems, and you must be prepared for it to change at all times.
31. Work smarter, not harder. Working harder has its benefits, but working smarter will reap infinitely more.
32. Sleep well. Do what it takes to get a good night’s rest, even if it means buying a new mattress, moving to a new room, or taking supplements. Remember, you’ll be spending 1/3 of your life sleeping. Make the best of it.
33. Learn how to cook. Cooking is generally healthier than living on a diet of microwave food and fast food. And you do have the time, trust me.
34. Stop suffering. Suffering is almost always pointless. Many people let themselves suffer without realizing they don’t have to. Let yourself be happy, no matter how hard or stressful your life is.
35. Be who you want to be. Never let anyone else tell you what you should do. Build your own destiny, and fulfill it.
36. Be honest with yourself. Deep down you know what you truly want, and you know how the world really is. Don’t spend your life wrapped in a delusion.
37. Help when you can. The more kindness you give out, the more kindness you will receive in return. Try to help those in need, even if you don’t think you can.
38. Appreciate what you have. There are people out there who would love to have as much as you do, even if you don’t think you have much.
39. Keep life simple. We as humans make life a lot more complicated than it really is.
40. No matter who you are, no matter your gender, skin color, ethnicity, political affiliations, or religious beliefs, remember this: You are great. You are awesome. You are unique. Never let anyone convince you otherwise, including yourself.
There are two ways of being happy: We must either diminish our wants or augment our means – either may do – the result is the same and it is for each man to decide for himself and to do that which happens to be easier. -Benjamin Franklin.
Add or Follow me: https://www.facebook.com/patty.graham2012
Join me here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/livehealthywithpatty
Don’t like groups? Follow my blog! http://www.LiveHealthyWithPattyBlog.com
There’s an old saying…
“If the first thing you do when you wake up in the morning is eat a live frog, then nothing worse can happen for the rest of the day!”
Brian Tracy says that your “frog” should be the most difficult item on your things to-do list, the one you’re most likely to procrastinate on; because, if you eat that first, it’ll give you energy and momentum for the rest of the day.
But, if you don’t…and let him sit there on the plate and stare at you while you do a hundred unimportant things, it can drain your energy and you won’t even know it.
So eat that frog, people!!!
Follow my blog! http://www.LiveHealthyWithPattyBlog.com
Complete home organization doesn’t happen overnight. Over the course of a year, however, you can not only get your household completely organized, you’ll slowly be building the habits and routines that will help keep your home organized beyond that. This plan from Home Storage Solutions will set you off on the right foot, with weekly organizing tasks complete with tips and email reminders.
Add or Follow me: https://www.facebook.com/patty.graham2012
Join me here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/livehealthywithpatty
Don’t like groups? Follow my blog! http://www.LiveHealthyWithPattyBlog.com/
Get your Skinny on! 100% natural! NO wraps! NO shakes! NO fake food! NO hormones!! Start here: http://livehealthywithpatty.thenewyearschallenge.com/
How to become successful as a work-at-home Mom or Dad
First tip: Find a company where you are passionate about the products. It is far easier (and far more convincing) to shout from the rooftops about something you believe in than something you sell just because you were able to sign up for free. Do you BELIEVE in your product? Do you feel you are able to help people make educated decisions about product selection? I see so many people jumping from company to company to company lately. Why? Because they expect to make thousands of dollars overnight! Pick a company and stay with it. Pennies are not going to fall from the heavens overnight. It will take a lot of blood, sweat and tears to be successful with any company you choose to represent. People will not know you ARE a representative of that company if you do not TELL them. As amazing as we all are, very few folks are mind readers. Don’t be afraid to toot your own horn!
Second tip: I see a lot of folks building FaceBook fan pages. I know you want customers. Who doesn’t? Let’s face it… if you didn’t want them, what the heck are you doing in sales? How about devoting one week to advertising your fan page instead of your company site? The reason I am suggesting this is simple. The fan page gives you the opportunity to build a relationship with people and help them get to know YOU. What’s the one thing that makes you unique in a company of possibly thousands of consultants/distributors? One word… YOU! In a sales environment, customers want to KNOW the person they are buying from. They want to know you are not just there for the money, but will be there for them if they have questions or an issue. The after-sale support is just as important, if not more so, than the actual sale. If you develop a relationship with your customers, they will come back to you. What happens if that relationship is not there? They won’t trust you and they will go to someone else. And if they develop a bond with that person, guess what? You blew it! You got ONE sale from that customer and the other person has a loyal customer who will go back to that representative every time they need to purchase product.
I worked retail in the cellular industry for three years. It was grueling hours and a lot of bureaucratic red tape. Why did I stay as long as I did? Because I had customers who weren’t JUST customers, they were my friends too. They would wait for sometimes up to two hours for ME to become available. They could have gone with the next available sales representative, but they didn’t. They liked and trusted ME and knew I wouldn’t sell them something if it wasn’t going to fit their needs and lifestyle. Because of these amazing people, I made serious money. I have been out of that company for over two years but I am still friends with my former co-workers who tell me on a regular basis that my customers STILL ask about me. You can’t BUY that kind of loyalty! HAVE FUN! Don’t be afraid to be silly with your customers!
Third tip: Think outside the box. What are online vendor parties? A great and inexpensive way to get your company and products in front of people you may never have met otherwise! All the vendors help advertise the party to get as many people in the chat room as possible. Rather than lugging your show kit around to home shows, craft fairs and vendor events and sitting for sometimes as long as 8 hours a day, you can party in your PJs right at your very own computer! Each vendor is given a time slot in which they talk about their goods. They can refer customers to their FaceBook fan pages and company websites. We play games and do drawings just like a home show.
So you may be asking who the heck is Patty Graham to tell me how to be successful. Here’s my background: I have been in direct sales for 20 years. I have also been a real estate agent, an insurance agent, and a residential property manager. I worked in the non-profit field for seven years, working on campaign finance reform and pollution studies. I have a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, which has helped me run several very successful businesses throughout the years (Patty’s Candy Shop, Patty’s Online Party Place, and Liberty Lady Designs), as well as representing: Avon (3 times), Tupperware (2 times), PartyLite, SoyLicious, Stuff-N- Snuggle, Scentsy (when they were still We Make Perfect Scents), Fuller Brush, and many more. As a Fuller Brush distributor, I was the only person to become a Director in less than one year’s time in the company history (up to that point in time) and had over 200 distributors in my downline all over the United States in less than six months. This was before Mark Zuckerberg even thought of FaceBook!
With each new company, I picked up more tips and ideas on what works and what doesn’t. I learned the hard way that you have to be passionate about your products! I proudly represent Wildtree and Skinny Body Care.
I represent Wildtree because the products are all-natural. No additives, no GMOs, no MSG and we even carry gluten-free products. If you have diabetes, ADHD, ADD, high cholesterol or heart disease, these products are for YOU! Learn more and see our specials by “liking” my fan page!https://www.facebook.com/WildtreeWithPattyGraham You can order atwww.mywildtree.com/PattyGraham
I represent Skinny Body Care because this is an all-natural weight loss product that really produces amazing results for people of all ages. Not only are folks losing weight, they are becoming healthy! I personally have dropped almost three sizes in clothes and no longer have issues with debilitating migraines, acid reflux, IBS or high blood pressure. For me, the weight loss is a perk! I feel good! And the compensation plan is the best in the weight loss industry! http://LiveHealthyWithPatty.com/
Trust me, I practice what I preach. I have been using these strategies for my companies and it does work! Take a chance and keep an open mind. As a friend of mine is fond of saying “Plant the seeds today and reap the rewards later”
As we gather together this Christmas season, please remember those who for one reason or another are not with us this year. I will be thinking of my brother, who we lost in a tragic car accident twenty years ago, and my dad, who passed less than a year later. I will also be thinking of my mom, two sisters and my oldest daughter, who have decided that we are not part of the family this Christmas. I will also try to be the bigger person and rise above the drama that has been started right before Christmas. I will try to forgive them, because it is what my soul and peace of mind need.
Please give thanks to God for those loved ones in your life, whether they are family or friends. I thank God every day for each and every one of you. Many of you I have not had the privilege to meet in person and yet, I feel as though you ARE my family. Chris Bowen, Kathy Brown, Christine Byrnes….. you are my long-lost sisters who one day I hope to meet in person. You have believed in me from the day we “met” through Liberty Lady Designs. You were patient with me and worked with me as I tried to get the kinks out of owning a company. We have laughed together, cried together and been there for each other over the last two years.
I have also made many new friends here who have touched my heart and my soul. MANY of these people have been brought into my life through Skinny Body Care. For this, I need to thank, not only God, but Ben Glinsky, who created this amazing opportunity and provided a vehicle that brought together an amazing group of people, Jackie Stewart, my former Verizon Wireless co-worker who was the person who has believed in me and pushed me to give this product and company a chance, and her sweet and sassy sister, Judy Stallings, who I had the honor to have met personally through Jackie this year. If you know these ladies, their stories are a true inspiration. I am honored to call them my friends.
I also thank God for my friends that I have met through jobs, school, mutual friends and just plain dumb luck! LOL Elizabeth Harman and Anna Yonley, I am so honored to be your friend. You ladies are beautiful in so many ways. You have loving hearts and beautiful souls. You have been there for me since the day I walked in the door at Verizon and have been there for me in my lowest of days. You gave me strength to do what was best for me and my kids and because of that, I was able to get us out of that horribly abusive relationship that was my second marriage. We have cried together, laughed together and have had some downright insane moments. I wouldn’t trade a moment of it for anything.
I thank God for my dear Ben and my children. My children are the light of my life. Even though we have issues which we struggle with, sometimes on a daily basis, we are a family. I will always be there for my rugrats and they know how much I love them both. They are both amazingly intelligent, funny and beautiful. I love the way their minds work! And yes, I am a Mama Bear when it comes to my kids and will continue to be one even as you hit those teen years. So watch out! Just remember this, anything you can think of doing as a teenager, I have been there. I know the game. LOL
And last but definitely NOT least, Ben. He is my soul mate and my best friend. I cannot imagine our lives without this amazing man. He has brought us peace and love, unconditionally. There are times when we feel like we share a brain because we are so in tune with what each other is thinking or feeling. He swears I put him under a spell on our first date. I think it was a higher power looking down at us thinking “This is RIGHT.”
I may not be rich financially, but I am the richest lady in the world. I have all of you. I love each and every one of you.
Merry Christmas! <3
Please… help me out here– I just want to motivate you all so much that you can not be stopped … that you refuse to do anything but succeed ♥♥♥♥
I do not care if I make one cent from you— my WHY is making a difference….
Knowing that I have done all I can to motivate and possibly make the world a bit better is all I have ever wanted!!!!
Join us for motivation… support and daily encouragement
Click this website and join us here—>https://www.facebook.com/groups/livehealthywithpatty
Follow my blog –> www.LiveHealthyWithPattyBlog.com
Get healthy! www.LiveHealthyWithPatty.com
Must read this! What an inspiration!
Randy Pausch was 47 years old when he died from pancreatic cancer. He was, as the Independent of London put it, “the dying man who taught America how to live.” His book, The Last Lecture, is an international best-seller and it offers many wonderful lessons about life.
Randy Pausch’s “last lecture” was delivered in September 2007, at Carnegie Mellon University, where he taught computer science. The lecture began with him standing before a screen beaming down chilling CT images of tumors in his liver, under the title…The Elephant in the Room. He then said to a stunned audience, “I have about 6 months to live.” He said, “I’m really in good shape, probably better shape than most of you,” … dropping to the floor to do push-ups.
He went on to say, “I’m dying and I’m having fun, and I’m going to keep having fun every day I have left.” He talked about his childhood dreams and what they had taught him about life. He said, “If you live your life the right way, the karma will take care of itself … your dreams will come to you.”
Randy Pausch really was a dying man who has taught America how to live.
He died on July 25, 2008, but his wisdom, his passion, and his attitude are lasting sources of inspiration for all of us.I love stories that can engage our hearts and our souls!
Need inspired? Join us! Live Healthy With Patty & Lisa
♥✿´¯`*•.¸¸✿Follow me for daily recipes, fun & handy tips, motivation, DIY ideas. I am always posting cool things♥✿´¯`*•.¸¸✿