Most of us know that tea contains high concentrates of antioxidants and is a healthful alternative to coffee. But you might be surprised at how many things it’s good for outside of a teacup.
- It removes odors from hands and feet. Whether you’ve been chopping garlic or running a marathon, soaking in tea makes stinky smells a mere memory.
- It’s a great pick-me-up for houseplants. Water them with weak tea once a week.
- It soothes sunburn. Apply damp, cold teabags as compresses.
- It makes an excellent air deodorizer. Just put cold, weak tea in a spray bottle and mist in musty rooms. Earl Grey is especially fragrant.
- And guess what else you can do with tea bags? Mend torn nails! Just cut a small swatch out of an unused bag, dot with clear nail polish until it’s tacky, and place over the tear. Apply two coats of clear nail polish to seal.